Monday, January 27, 2003

It looks as if NASA is going to be allowed to use nukes in space. The most obvious application is, of course, crewed missions to Mars. I will be writing about this shortly, so keep an eye on the Cydonian Imperative.

I don't want to retread subject matter already on my website. That would be entirely too easy. I might even find myself cheating and cutting and pasting essays from MTVI and posting them here, simply to flesh out an otherwise conceptual exercise in hypertext. And that's really not the point. The point is that there is no point; the medium is the message. Whether this message ultimately benefits anyone, I don't know.

Fragment from what I'm _really_ writing:

We still don't know what intelligence _is_, exactly, let alone how it works in a universe governed by quantum mechanics. The physicist David Bohm argued that the barrier between our own minds and the "outside" universe was a sensory illusion, and postulated an "implicate order" that circumscribed both observer and observed in a sort of dynamic hologram.

Will I finish the Mars book by my editorial deadline (Mar. 1)? Will I lose interest in this nonlinear narrative experiment, leaving yet another empty husk tangled in the Web for posterity? Stay tuned!

No comments: