Tuesday, January 28, 2003

Peter Gersten has pointed out that my verdict on "rods" and "orbs" may be in error. I referred him to this site, which strongly suggests that the "rods" are flying insects (see previous post). (And I thought I had joined the smug skeptical elite...)

Meanwhile, I presume the State of the Union Address went as we all expected (I don't own a TV). Bizarre fact: I've never seen the infamous 9-11-01 footage of the jets colliding with the World Trade Center. I've seen truckloads of still pictures, but have yet to actually see the video. Does this make me an enemy of the state?

I was going to read Bracewell's "The Galactic Club" this evening but got sidetracked with laundry and a David Bowie CD. I've since moved on to Beth Gibbons' new album, "Out of Season."

"But last night the plans for a future war were all I saw on Channel Four."

--The Smiths, "Shoplifters of the World Unite"

No comments: