Thursday, February 20, 2003

I counted the beeps on my answering machine. Eight of them this time. Where does that leave the "obsolescent michrochip theory"? If it's a glitch from old hardware, why the sudden change?

I bought a cool-looking SF paperback called "Hyperthought" today. The end of "Cryptonomicon" is in sight. It's really not that overwhelmingly long (well, it is pretty long, actually...), but between work and messing around on the computer it's taken a while. I'm looking forward to writing a review. I enjoyed Stephenson's stab at the Extropians ("Eutropians" into hive-mind commune experimentation...)

I'm fumbling a bit with Blogger's archiving format. Certain posts seem to disappear for no readily apparent reason, and I have to retrieve them by republishing the whole thing. Hopefully I'll work the bugs out soon.

No comments: