Friday, April 18, 2003

The inclusion of the Iraq Body Count banner on my Cydonian Imperative site has angered several readers who think its methodology is skewed to favor the alleged civilian casuality death-wish of the antiwar "movement."

Some astute gentleman left the following in my guestbook the other day:

"love your site,but the iraq civilian body count link,is a bunch of crap.it blows my mind how some people are cynical of our goverment(which is far from perfect)but will believe some of the crap on the internet or worse,will believe every word some thug like sadaam says or the hand job united nations spits out.come on man stick to the mars stuff"

No, not all of the comments have been this this "colorful," but I have the feeling the sentiment is largely the same: the ends justify the means, the figures are inflated, God Bless America, Amen. Two readers have suggested I post a "Saddam Body Count" to ensure fairness, knowing full well there's no such thing online -- and I'd post it if there was.

Lesson of the day: politics and alien megaliths on Mars don't mix.

No comments: