Sunday, June 08, 2003

I went on a date last night and braved the crowds at The Cheesecake Factory, one of the biggest attractions on the Plaza. This was only the second time I've been, despite the fact that my apartment overlooks the restaurant. (The tower is now lit red, white and blue at night in honor of Operation Where the Hell are Those Weapons of Mass Destruction?) The Cheesecake Factory is one of those places that excels at serving industrial-size helpings of just about anything you can think of. The service has the efficiency of an assembly line, and it's impossible to get in without a fairly lengthy wait outside. So I sat around and watched the Hare Krishnas do their stomping 'n' swaying routine.

Plans for today are still pretty nebulous. I was exhausted last night and got up late today. For whatever it's worth, the cats seem to be getting along pretty well now.

No comments: