Monday, September 08, 2003

I stayed up late last night and finally managed to track down all of the graphics needed by Pocket Books, which I emailed to my editor. Although I've claimed to have been "finished" with my Mars book on at least one other occasion, I mean it this time. Everything -- the writing, editing and photo captions -- are completed, and my second advance is "in the mail." I didn't make the initial deadline, but considering the difficulty of tracking down some of the original photos on Malin Space Science Systems' website, I didn't do too badly. Now I get to enjoy the pre-publication process. For example, I have no idea what the cover will look like, so it will be fun to see what the art department comes up with.

The book comes out in early 2004. For updates, click here.

No comments: