Thursday, September 18, 2003

R.E.M., Kansas City, 9-17-03: "I was there!"

Songs performed (not necessarily complete or in order):

Star 69
Begin the Begin
Maps and Legends (one of my favorites)
Gardening at Night
I've Been High (a high point on my wish-list)
She Just Wants to Be
The Great Beyond
Fall on Me
Daysleeper
Losing My Religion
Drive
The One I Love
Imitation of Life
Animal / Bad Day (both from forthcoming "Best Of" compilation)
Man on the Moon
Electrolite
Nightswimming
Walk Unafraid
Country Feedback
Everybody Hurts
It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

My seat was excellent. Even so, I quickly abandoned it in favor of a better view from the aisle. Security wasn't as stringent as I feared it might be, and I watched the show from up close. Michael Stipe was unexpectedly chatty, introducing practically every song and offering random commentary on the 2003 tour, his affinity for the Midwest, and the perils of laser eye surgery.

No comments: