Friday, March 05, 2004

A criminally boring day.

It was my own fault, of course. My major accomplishments consisted of consuming strawberry apple sauce, berating my cat for tipping over my lava lamp (for which I immediately felt guilty) and playing Asteroids Alive. Chapel Perilous (of which I'm now a confirmed member) is jumping with cool links; take a look.

I just swilled Beer Number Three at the joint across the street. "The Family Guy" (a show I've never seen) was playing on the overhead TV, muted. I watched the entire thing, my head a riot of imagined cartoon voices.

I've unearthed Ani DiFranco's "Dilate" from my CD collection. I've got Portishead's first record playing now. It doesn't get much better. And it's confirmed -- Morrissey's first new record in seven years is due out soon. That warrants at least some excitement.

Who said my life was all weird books and caffeine abuse?

Waiting for something
Looking for someone
Is there no reason?
Have I stared too long?

--David Bowie, "Heathen (The Rays)"

No comments: