Sunday, May 16, 2004

Cool website alert: Check out Doomsday Guide. The Web needed this. My "Silent Invasion" summary is covered on the extraterrestrial page.





I learned from Jason's blog that "Donnie Darko" is to be released. I've only seen this movie once, in the theater. I'd own the DVD but my laptop simply won't do a film like this justice. It's arguably worth buying a TV/DVD player just to see this single movie; "Darko" reminded me of what "American Beauty" might have been had David Lynch had a go at the screenplay.





I found Walter Mosley's "Futureland" at the bargain rack tonight and read the first two stories. Mosley seems to have realized science fiction's inherent usefulness as protest literature; his first story, perhaps a descendant of the "brain race" meme in John Brunner's "The Shockwave Rider," actually inspired me to write something explicitly ecological.

I've never had a "song of the day" on this blog, but I think I might start, beginning tonight. How about "Hazy Shade of Winter" by Simon and Garfunkel?

No comments: