Wednesday, May 12, 2004

I lucked out and bought a book of commentary on Robert Crumb for $4.00 tonight. Bill Griffith, creator of Zippy the Pinhead, is one of the contributors. I showed the book to a friend at a coffeeshop and we struck up a conversation about comix and animation. I lamented that Griffith had promised me a "tip o' the pin" if I sent him pictures of the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art's "Shuttlecocks" over a year ago. Now someone's finally beaten me to it. Damn.




David Cronenberg


I'm half-finished with "Flesh and Machines." In the middle of the book the author offers that it's essentially impossible to predict the future with any accuracy, rationalizing the book's conspicuous lack of any down-and-dirty cyber-futurism. Although I'm sympathetic, I'm also disappointed. The book is called "Flesh and Machines," for god's sake; I was expecting something at least mildly Cronenbergian.

I'm considering launching a new blog (tentative title: "Women and Children First"). And it might be fiction. A serialized hypertext drama of some sort. I don't know if I should consult someone about copyright or not. That would probably be the Professional Author thing to do . . .

No comments: