Tuesday, October 26, 2004





You know what I'm really sick of? People who like to inform me that it's my "duty" to vote. Come again?

Listen: If you want to vote, go fucking vote and leave me alone. If voting's your thing then by all means get to it. But don't adopt this cloying, more-patriotic-than-thou pretense that you're somehow a more informed, responsible person because of it, because it doesn't wash.

I'm a creative person. I like making things and seeing how they fare in this strange, buzzing construct we like to think of as the "real world." So I take real offense when one of these vacuous drones assumes that because I don't vote then I've basically forfeited the right to be taken seriously.

"I voted today!" Rah, rah, rah! Good for you. Now go back home and watch TV, you pretentious fuck.

No comments: