Thursday, May 19, 2005

I went to Watch Station to get a new battery. It turns out my watch contains three batteries -- one to actually power the mechanism (which is still keeping time just fine) and two to fuel the dragon animation. I could have paid an outrageous amount on the spot to have the dragon restored to its usual flame-gushing self, but since the watch is still perfectly functional I'll wait and buy the batteries at a drugstore and bear with the blank display.

The guy at the shop mentioned fancy Japanese watches with elaborate animation and graphics that could suck two nickel-sized batteries dry in as many months . . . the Hummers of time-pieces, apparently. I have yet to see one outside a William Gibson novel.

2 comments:

platts42 said...

Funky watch...my friend has this one...It's pretty cool. If you are gonna be a slave to the all mighty minute, you might as well weird it up.

http://www.tokyoflash.com/viewwatch.php?id=75&from=W1&KW=radio-active-watch

Mac said...

Cool watch! (I bet those LEDs really eat batteries...)