Saturday, October 22, 2005

My apartment feels like a fucking meat-locker. This, dear readers, is the price you pay for "All Utilities Paid."





I went to the Kemper today. The main attraction was a series of massive black suspended sculptures that reminded me of scabrous industrial jellyfish. Very dire and conceptual.

A flatscreen was hyping the computer-animated version of a new sculptural installation: something like the Hamburger Helper oven-mitt gone grotesquely awry after a run-in with David Cronenberg. I can see Kansas Citians balking at the real thing once it's completed -- and there's nothing quite as funny as art-wary Kansas Citians.

What's playing:

1.) Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me (The Cure)
2.) Fables of the Reconstruction (R.E.M.)
3.) Mask (Vangelis)
4.) You Are the Quarry (Morrissey)
5.) Out of Season (Beth Gibbons of Portishead)

5 comments:

Paul Kimball said...

Mac:

What's playing, PK version:

1. Big Country, Best Of...
2. Pete Yorn, Day I Forgot
3. Bloc Party, Silent Alarm
4. Franz Ferdinand, You Could Have it So Much Better
5. Paul McCartney, Chaos and Creation in the Backyard
6. Billy Bragg, Live Bootleg from the Pub Flamingo, Halifax, N.S.

PK

Mac said...

Franz Ferdinand has a new one out?!

Oh, boy...

Paul Kimball said...

Mac:

Yup. It's fab.

Paul

Anonymous said...

Dude,

I live in your building. Go toTtarget and get a electric radiator. They're only about 30 bucks. That way, your utilities are still getting paid and you'll actually be warm.

Mac said...

Hi Anon.,

I've got a decent space heater. And since I'm not paying for electricity, I should probably use it more liberally.

Thank god they've finally turned the steam on!