Friday, March 17, 2006





Here's a good article on introversion, found at Mondolithic Sketchbook. It's always nice to be reassured I'm not alone -- and, moreover, not mentally ill. I once took a personality test and registered anomalously deep into the "introverted" category; supposedly I share my basic personality type with 2% of the population or something like that.

For better or worse, I function pretty adequately in day-to-day social interactions. But often I find the effort tiring and oddly unclean. I feel a pervasive need to decontaminate, let my brain regain its own usual tidal rhythm, if there is such a thing. I've found that going to a library or a bookstore and reading is a surprisingly potent form of meditation; I can feel my mind clicking back into gear and shedding the ugly patina it acquires from workaday banality.

2 comments:

Mac said...

2) Do aura-strengthening exercises. (I'll be happy to share the one I do every morning.)

Do tell!

Mac said...

Supposedly it's 1% of population. Which type did you get?

I don't remember; it was a while back. But I sure as hell am a minority.