Friday, June 16, 2006

Miracle Mamma

Pilgrims from all over the world are flocking to Plattsburgh, NY to witness the mammafestation hanging from the ceiling of Café Onion.

"It is the sacred teat of Gaea," proclaims new ager Kat Krystal.

But not all agree.


If I'd only known. My last apartment was located on the ninth floor and experienced some truly grotesque leak-related decay over the years. At one point I had several of these "mammary" formations sprouting out of my wall -- and I never once thought to alert the local news. Looking back, I bet I could have paid at least a month's rent by hawking passes to slack-jawed nitwits like Kat Krystal.

The "sacred teat of Gaea"?

Update: Looks like the joke's on me. I actually read the full article -- more than enough evidence to convince even the "Kat Krystals" of the world that this is a spoof.

It bothers me that Ray, of Ray's X-Blog, made this up and I was too humorless to "get" it. But in a world of cheese sandwich Virgin Marys can you really blame me?

2 comments:

Ray Palm (Ray X) said...

Mac:

As you have now realized, I do engage in a bit of satire from time to time. To me I thought my article was obvious satire when I wrote that people were flocking to Plattsburgh, NY -- as if there is any reason to compel the masses to visit this place. Then again, you've never been here, so I can understand how you took that line at face value. [g]

I do agree with you that reports of strange miraculous sightings, such as believers seeing the face of Jesus in a taco, make it hard to figure out what is "real."

Anyway, thanX for keeping abreast of the news on my blog.

Best,

Ray

Mac said...

If I'd only read the *whole article* before posting this I could have spared myself some embarrassment! ;-)