Friday, June 09, 2006

Misc. California pictures

The first thing I did after checking into my hotel was eat at "Del Taco," evidently a prevalent franchise on the West Coast. We don't have fish tacos in the Midwest, so I considered it a treat.





I managed to wrangle a window seat on the flight home. It was the first flight I'd been on with "open seating," and the guy sitting next to me preferred the aisle.





I didn't stay in this hotel, but after admiring the view of LA from one of its balconies I sort of wished I had.





Helpful fact: If you're ever in a bar that boasts a painting of amorous primates and the waiter says he'll put a drink on the house if you can tell him what "H.M.S." stands for, the answer is "Hot Monkey Sex."





Tell him Mac sent you. He won't remember me, but there's a chance he'll remember the actress I was sitting with.

1 comment:

Mac said...

And here I always thought it stood for "Her Majesty's Ship"

Strangely enough, that's what *I* thought too! ;-)

The actress is Veronica Reynolds, a friend of Paul Kimball. She's in an upcoming comedy in which she plays a trailer park damsel named "Dazzle."