Sunday, December 17, 2006

I've been accused of scare-mongering because of my interest in global warming. But my interest isn't so much alarmist than a reflection of my fascination with the unknown.

We're actively engaged in reformatting the planet's climate. The process is all-encompassing and largely heedless. And although we can make some generally accurate predictions (all pretty grisly), we don't know when things get so bad that day-to-day life as we know it is turned utterly upside-down. Instead, we continue stumbling into unknown waters because, as far as I can tell, we prefer to die slowly.

I'm fascinated by this behavior. It's altogether weirder than any single "paranormal" item I've posted here since I launched this blog four years ago.

Scare-mongering? Hardly. I'm just watching the show.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All those people who are whining about "scare-mongering" will be screaming "WHY DIDN'T ANYONE WARN US!?!?" in 10 years time.

Mac said...

Chris--

Indeed.